"Health is Wealth". One should always keep this precious saying in mind. If you really want to be healthy in every aspect ‘Nature Cure And Yoga Practice’ is one of the best remedies available without any medication.
Naturopathic treatments are based on the "Panchabhuthas" namely: Sky, Air, Agni, Water and Earth. Our main aim is to propagate the principles of Naturopathy and also to clear off the false notions about the system from the public. More over we wish to educate the public and make them realize the importance of natural foods, proper food habits and the part of Yoga in maintaining good health and vigour.
This centre really is a golden feather to the cultural capital of Kerala –THRISSUR. The only health centre in its kind in Thrissur District. running by a qualified Naturopathy Doctor. The centre has first established at Ayyanthole in 1983 and shifted to this new premises in the year 1991: i.e. on 15th. September, 1991.
We are also having one Ayurveda wing and Yoga section. Naturopathy, Ayurveda and Yoga are going shoulder to shoulder, because they are inter related and it will be a rare experience for you. Hence as per the interest of the patients, we can administer any of the above systems jointly or separately. Hence the recovery is very fast,(except in some exceptional cases) so the patients need not stay for a long period, wasting their time and money.
If Wealth is lost, nothing is lost. If Character is lost, something is lost
If Health is lost, everything is lost!
"Health is Wealth"
A renowned name in the minds of those who have come across with Naturopathy. She had completed 4 ½ years N.D. course in the year 1983, from Gandhi Nature Cure College, Beegumpet, Hyderabad, affiliated with Osmania University with First Class and First Rank. She is practicing Naturopathy since 1983.
The Ayurveda wing is managed by her. She is an expert in this field, and especially in Panchakarma. The efficiency in treatments is an added quality to her.
She is having 6 years of eperiemnce in the field of Naturopathy.
The Yoga Instructor with many years of experience to his credit. Yoga is simple in such hands. An unforgetful experience you will receive.
Naturopathy Treatments - An Overview
We are providing effective treatments for almost all diseases. Since our body is the healer, we can assure that there will not be any side effects, if Naturopathy lies in the right hands. If you have strong desire to get relief from your disease, then be ready to follow the nature’s principles and get relieved on your own.
• The following are just some of the treatments we are providing:
Hot and cold water treatments, Mud Bath, Mud Pack, Hydro Therapy ( Hip bath, Spinal bath, Steam bath), Sun Bath, Enema, Scientific Full Body Massage, Magneto therapy, Yogasanas ,Pranayama, Meditation etc.
• Here we are providing Divine Healing – a healing system based on acupressure points
• Counseling and stress management/relief programmes are also available.
Ayurveda Treatments - An Overview
Rejuvenation & Therapeutic Programmes:
• Panchakarma: Classical, Preventive and Therapeutic by well trained Therapists (Vamanam, Nasyam, Virechanam, Vasthi and Rakthamoksha).
• Dhara, Pizhichil, Sirovasthi, Thalam, Thalapothichil, Kizhi, Udvarthanam, Yoni Prakshalanam, Abhyangam etc. are some other treatments in Ayurveda.
• Post Natal, Menarche and Menopause health care facilities.
• You will be seated in a small cabin. Only your head will be seen outside the cabin. Steam is passed into the cabin. It will take about 15 to 20 minutes to sweat completely. It will be a good experience.
Scientific Full Body Massage:
• You will be massaged with herbal oils, in a scientific way with various movements/strokes which will stimulates vital points that will improve your vital power. We are sure that once you experience it, you will surely come again and again for that special massage.
Water And Mud Applications:
Hydro Therapy ( Hip bath, Spinal bath, Steam bath, Hot & Cold water treatments) Mud Bath & Mud Pack, Enema, Vibration, Magneto therapy, Yogasanas, Pranayama, Meditation etc. gives you relief from your ailments.
Rejuvenation & Therapeutic Programmes:
• It is a process of pouring warm herbal medicated oil/medicated butter milk and Kazhaya on the forehead. Ideal for the curing of mental disorders, hair fall, memory loss, head ache etc. etc. This includes Thakra Dhara , Sheera Dhara etc.
• A rejuvenative programme in which warm medicated herbal oil is applied all over the body in a particular manner followed by light massage. Ideal for nervous and neurological problems, sexual weakness, paralysis etc. etc.
• A cap made of rexin/leather is placed over the head and luke warm medicated oils are poured into it. It is good for insomnia, head ache, facial paralysis etc.
• A combination of oil and herbals in a paste form, apply on the Brahma region of the head. It is good for insomnia, head ache, mental disorders, tensions etc. etc.
• Herbals, in a paste form applying all over the head and it is covered with plantain leaf. It is good for hair falling, hair growth mental disorders etc.
• There are various types of Kizhis. After applying oil all over the body ( Abhyangam) Navara ( a special type of rice) cooked in milk and kazhayams, warm herbal leaves and powders taken in a sack made up of cloth (depending on the conditions of the patient) is applied all over the body in a scientific way. It helps to remove stiffness, Rheumatism, Osteoarthritis, Spondylosis, Vatha Rogas,Oedema etc. etc.
• Opposite movements with medicated powder all over the body. Mainly for weight reduction, to improve complexion, making soft skin etc.
• For menstrual disorders and gynecological problems, medicated oils and herbal concentrates are douched into the vagina.
• A full body massage with herbal oils, which penetrates into the body. It stimulates the circulatory system so that our body will get relaxed.
Bus Stand: The Kerala State Road Transport Corporation's bus stand is hardly 6 kms. away from this center. There are two private bus stands also at Thrissur. One is Sakthan Thampuran Bus Stand, which is about 6 kms. away from this centre, while the other one Priyadarshini Bus stand (North bus stand) is 3 kms. away from here.
Railway Station: The Thrissur (Trichur) Railway Station is also about 6 kms. away from this center, near to the K.S.R.T.C. bus stand. Almost all trains going through Thrissur has stop at this station. Auto rickshaws are available at every bus stands and railway station to reach at this center.
Airport: The nearest air port is at NEDUMBASSERY, near Alwaye, Ernakulam which is about 60 kms. away from here and the other one is at KARIPPUR, near KOZHIKKODU (CALICUT), which is about 120 kms. away. Taxis are available at both the airports.
LASKHMI NATURE CURE AND YOGA CENTER
G-32, Green Park Avenue,
Near Viyoor Bridge, Thiruambady P.O.
Thrissur, Kerala, India. Pin Code:- 680022
Phone Numbers: (+91)0487-2330715 (Office) , (+91)0487-2337715 (Hospital)
Mobile: Dr.(Mrs.) Geetha Tharanath. N.D.(OSM) (Chief Physician) +919744001886
Mr. A.K. Tharanath. (Administrator) +919744002886
E Mail: Dr.(Mrs.) Geetha Tharanath: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. A.K. Tharanath: email@example.com
Almost all of us are carriers of diseases, either minor or major. We are also aware that there are many a systems of treatments available now a days. But how many of us are heard about Naturopathy or having awareness about Naturopathy. Being Naturopathy becoming popular, almost all of us might have heard about this system of treatment. How many of us had gone for Naturopathic treatment for their illness? The number will be very few. Why ? For that first we have to know about Naturopathy .
Naturopathy is a drugless system of treatment. Hence there is no side effects.
Then what is Naturopathy ?
• It is a day old system of treatment, even though many of us were not aware of it. It is based on the way you are living – the natural way. Then who is the healer ? It is nothing but the Vital Power, hidden in our body. Our body has the power of healing all our diseases, provided we have to give a positive atmosphere for the same. Nature Cure is simply leading us to find out this vital power, of which we are not aware or bothered about. Naturopathic treatments are based on the "Panchabhuthas" namely: Air, Earth, Sky, Sun, Agni and Water. Our main aim is to propagate this principles of Naturopathy.
• How toxins are assimilating in our body? Mainly because of over eating, lack of exercise untimely food consumption, excess uses of spices and oils etc. etc. So it is important that we have to control our diet regime. Our internal organs will be forced to work overtime if we consume more food. It will affect our digestive and assimilating systems. It is also to be noted that cough, cold, vomiting, diarrhoea etc. etc. are not severe diseases, but it is one way of our body to eliminate the toxins from our body. So we shouldn’t suppress these ailments, but should support it.
• Raw juices, raw salads, fruit juices, tender coconut water, honey water, Magnetized water Thulasi coffee, medicated water, Satwick vegetarian diet (non-spicy ) are used as the main food in this system. If we observe fasting once in a while, say once in two weeks, our internal organs will get enough time to work for the elimination of the toxins from our body. A Naturopath can guide you, how to lead a pleasant life, and it is also the moral obligation from the part of the patient to observe the directions. Always bear in mind that it is the patient (i.e. you yourself) is healing himself, while the Naturopath is just leading him the right way. Back To Section
Ayurveda, the traditional Indian system of treatment has originated from the word Brahma. Ancient Indian Saints, Acharyas had practiced this. Since it deals with the life span , i.e. "Ayuss", this is known as Ayurveda. The main Diety of Ayurveda is Lord "Dhanwanthari". Among the four Vedas, mainly it comes in "Adharva Veda". It is based on two theories, "Panchabhutas" and "Tridosha". Panchabhutas are Sky, Air, Agni, Water and Earth and the Tridoshas are Vatha, Pitha and Kabha. The root cause of of all our ailments are based on any one of this or both or all of them.
The origin of Ayurveda is ‘Brahma’ and He taught this to Daksha Prajapathy and Aswinee Deava’s learnt from him. They had taught Devaendra and from him Rishis (son’s of Athri) also learnt this. Agnivesadi Maharshi’s learnt this and they had written books on this subject.
Vagbhatacharya, compiled all these and wrote the book, "Ashtanga Samgraha" and he aranged this in a particular manner as "Ashtanga Hridhayam". It is divided into eight Angas –Kaya Chikitsa, Bala Chikitsa, Graha Chikitsa, Urdhanga Chikitsa, Salya Chikitsa, Visha Chikitsa, Rasayana Chikitsa and Vajeekarana Chikitsa. Here you are treated with medicines which also based on "Panchabhutas".
Yes, by using medicines, prepared with the knowledge that was acquired as is, taught by our ancient Indian Saints And Acharyas, with a modern approach and at the same time without losing its sanctity by maintaining quality.
Panchkarma, one of the main treatment in Ayurveda is our speciality.
Once you experience, you will remember it for ever and ever and ever. Back To Section
The word yoga has derived from the word "Yug" means “to unite”, to join. It is the union of "Jeevatma", our own soul with "Paramatma", the God almighty. Those who are practicing yoga will get control, not only over his body but also over his mind i.e. intelluct. At this stage he is able to unite with his soul and can attain "Moksha" because mind and body are inter-related.
Pathanjali Maharshi, had derived the eight principles of Astanga Yoga. They are:
• Yama - Self control.
• Niyama - Conduct rules
• Asanas - A type of exercise.
• Pranayama - Controling our breath
• Pratyahara - Controling our senses.
• Dharana - Concentration
• Dhyana - Worshiping the almighty in concentration/meditation.
• Samadhi - Attaining the extreme limit of consciousness..
We teach yoga for both in-patients and out-patients. Yoga is not only meant for curing diseases but also it helps a lot in maintaining good physique and mental health. Thus keep the people always young and cheerful. Meditation is also included in Yoga Paractice. This is an ancient Indian discipline, came out from the Indian Rishis, is very well recognized by all over the world. It is an exercise of our body with a control over our breathing. This is really helpful to improve our health, mental peace – a good relief from stress and strain. Practicing meditation along with Yoga will be a good experience, for that you can travel to time immemmorial when you reach at its peak.
The main Yogas are : Hatha Yoga, Karma Yoga, Jnana Yoga, Bhakti Yoga and Raj Yoga.
As deep as you can go into Yoga and Meditation, the more and more your mental and Physical power increases. Back To Section
A GLIMPSE OF KERALA : FOR SIGHT SEEING / PILGRIMAGE:
Capital – Thriuvanathapuram.
Language - Malayalam. English is also common.
Population – 31,838,619. Literacy – More than 90 %.
( Please note that the Distances in brackets are the approximate distance from our Center.)
Thriuvanathapuram: (295 kms.)
• Ponmudi, Kuthiramalika Museum, Kovalam, Neyyar Dam, Observatory, Kanakakkunnu Palace, Planetarium, Secretariat, Varkala, Akkulam Lake, Beema Palli.
Kollam: (230 kms.)
• Ashtamudi Lake, Ochira, Palaruvi Water Falls.
Kottayam: (135 kms.)
• Erumely, Ettuannur, Kumarakom, Thirunakkara.
Pathanamthitta: (207 kms.)
• Aranmula, Perunthenaruvi Waterfalls, Sabarimala.
• Famous temples: Ambalppuzha, Mannarassala, Chettikulangara Bhagavathy temple. Churches: Arthunkal
Idukki: (210 kms)
• Arch Dam, Mattuppetty, Chinar Wildlife Sanctuary, Munnar, Thekkadi, Thattekkad Bird Sanctuary, Peerumedu.
Ernakulam: (75 kms.)
• Kalady, the birth place of the Advaitha philosopher, Adi Sankaracharya.
Sri Ramakrishna Temple along with the two shrines Dakshina moorthy and Sharada, the Goddess.
• Kochin – "Queen of the Arabian Sea" is another attraction. Other attractions are : Santa Cruz Basilica Church, The Dutch Cemetry, St. Francis Church, Chinese Fishing Net, Jewish Synagogue, Jew Town, Marine Drive, Bolgatty Palace, Chottanikkara Temple, Tripunithura Hill Palace Museum, Malayattur, Veega Land – Water Theme Park
• Kerala Kalamandalam - Cheruthuruthy, Guruvayur, Arattupuzha, Kodungallur Cheraman Parmbu, Athirampalli Water Falls, Dream World and Silver Storm Water Theme Parks.
• Attappadi, Malampuzha Gardens, Dam , Fanntacy Park , Nelliyampathi, Parambikulam WildLife sanctuary, Kalpathy Siva Temple, Silent Valley
Malappuram: (105 kms.)
• Kadampuzha Temple, Kottackal Arya Vaidya Sala, Nilambur Teak Plantation.
Kozhikkode: (120 kms.)
• Beypore, Kadalundi Bird Sanctuary, Kappad Beach, Pazhassi Raja Museum,Tali Temple.
Wayanad: (195 kms.)
• Edakkal Cave, Glass Temple of Koottamunda, Manathavadi, Pookkod Lake,Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary.
Kannur: (210 kms.)
• Ezhimala, Parassinikkadvau Muthappan Temple & Snake Farm, Thalassery Fort, Payyambalam Beach, Aralam Wild Life Sanctuary.
Kasaragod: ( 294 kms.)
• Bekal Fort, Ananthapura, Kappil Beach.
Tours can be arranged on request in consultation with the tourist vehicle operators.
Back to Section